Thursday, September 12, 2013

Good Marriage Therapy: Read Atlas Shrugged Together

My wife and I for the first time are reading the same book. After 35 years of marriage and hundreds of books we've each read and read independently, we finally purchased a copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and are each reading it. I recommend it to all married couple to try at least once.

The problem is of course when she's reading it I can't. And visa-versa. So of course it's good that it's a 1,000 page plus classic.

That's all.

I recommend the book absolutely for all human beings. And I recommend reading a book at the same time as your spouse. It provides entertainment, thought, and conversation fodder. Not that we needed it really, but what the heck, I think it's good marriage therapy.

Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment